I'm a business executive/ technologist and leader with a passion for data, collaboration, economics, computers, and brains.
I belive that AI and energy are the two keys to the future of humanity.
I grew up in TN and curently live in the Bay Area.
I'm currently head of Innovation at Data.ai
Prior to that, I was Head of Product at Talla, an AI startup that was acquired in 2021.
I also co-founded SenseAware, the unicorn within FedEx where we pioneered the first IoT remote-tracking logistics platform in 2011.
In addition, I started what became FedEx Dataworks, the data and machine learning arm of FedEx, and the EPICenter Logistics Innovation Accelerator, sponsored by FedEx (launched 2015).
Finally, I founded SurfRate, the internet search engine based on user website reviews (acq. 2004).
I hold multiple patents in the areas of artificial intelligence, IoT, and online ads.
Speaking & Videos
Stuff I Started
Previous Speaking Engagements
- Stanford MediaX – Rights, Revenues, and Responsibilities in the Supply Chain of Data
- MIT VLAB – The Machines are Talking Back
- SVI Academy – Innovation in Startups
- Monage, Computer History Museum – CONVERGENCE of Computing, Cryptocurrency, AI, Communications, Messaging and the underlying ecosystems
- World Crypto Economic Forum
- Global Artificial Intelligence Conference – Beyond Chatbots: The future of AI
- General Assembly – Innovators Breakfast Series
- The AI Conference